From Zelda Legends Wiki
Thank you for your advise (I'm still looking for the tildes in my keyboard). In my mother language (Spanish) I usually use those guidelines, but I'm not good enough at English. Here there's a suggestion I had given you before. In the first days there have been problems with characters that have had different names through Zelda "history" (specially with those that didn't have a name in OoT and did in MM). Because of this, I think there should be adopted general lines about this. My proposal is:
- For those characters that did have a different name in both OoT and MM (and also other names), they should be in different articles. (e. g. Malon (OoT) (MC?), Romani and Cremia (MM)).
- For those that had an official name that doesn't look like a name (I think I'm not speaking very clearly) and that had a normal name in the following games, they should be together in an article called with the "normal name" (e. g. Anju, but with a redirect from Chicken Lady and Cucco Lady).
- I agree with you up to this point. -davogones 15:42, 17 January 2006 (EST)
- If they only have appeared in OoT and MM, the article should be called with both names. It doesn't matter whether they have an apparent name (e. g. Guru-Guru and Windmill music man) or not (e. g. Grog and Chicken Lady's brother)
- I'm not sure I understand you here. Why does it matter if they only appeared in OoT and MM? If an official name is given for one but not the other, I think they should be grouped into one article. -davogones 15:42, 17 January 2006 (EST)
What I mean here is that they're separate characters. For one side it is, for example, Grog, and on the other side it's Chicken Lady's brother. They are separate characters that have a common character model. But if Anju (in tMC) had a brother called Grog, that would confirm they're just one character. If the Music man's name in OoA was Guru-Guru, that would confirm the OoT character and the MM are the same. This is just my opinion.--Arturo 16:40, 17 January 2006 (EST)--Iron Knuckle 03:18, 25 January 2006 (EST)
P.D. Have you read my article about Rauru? When you read it, could you give me your opinion (and correct my ortographic mistakes.
- I skimmed it. I'll give it a detailed read later. -davogones 15:42, 17 January 2006 (EST)
Arturo 13:30, 17 January 2006 (EST)
Davo, did you get the TMC and FSA sheet, yet? I don't mind to insert all the entries myself, but that would take too much time if I did that manually.--Iron Knuckle 14:00, 17 January 2006 (EST)
- I did get it. I plan to write scripts to import the list into the lexicon, bestiary, and wiki. I'm going to email you some questions before I do that though. -davogones 15:42, 17 January 2006 (EST)
BTW is there any way of uploading mp3 files so it sounds when you enter in a page. For example, I would love to hear Zora's Domain music when I enter to its page.--Arturo 16:40, 17 January 2006 (EST)
- You could, in theory, upload mp3s. However, there might be copyright problems. I'll have to look at the fair use laws. And I don't think it's a good idea to embed it on the page, because some people may not want to hear music when they visit a page. MP3s are also very large. You could upload a smaller file format (such as midi) and add a link to the file in the article. -davogones 21:12, 17 January 2006 (EST)
I don't know if you mind this, but after you removed all the unnecessary categories like Rings/Mask for most zelda games 220.127.116.11 added these all over again. I don't know who this anonymous person is, but I thought you wanted these unnecessary categories out of the picture.
- Thanks for pointing this out. I think somebody used a bot to do this. It should be impossible to edit anonymously, but it looks like a bot can pull it off. It also looks like the edits were automated, simply reverting the last 20 deletes or so. I'll have to find a way to keep unauthorized bot activity out. -davogones 03:59, 25 January 2006 (EST)
I think the TWW masks categories should exist, because Hero's charm is a mask. It's just an opinion.--Arturo 10:00, 25 January 2006 (EST)
There are two other categories that should be removed: OoT and TMC rings--Arturo 15:24, 25 January 2006 (EST)
The two categories you have deleted (OoT &TMC) are still in Zelda Rings. There are also two categories that shouldn't be there in Zelda Masks: FS Songs and aLttP Rings. I think TWW masks should be rewritten, Hero's charm is a mask--Arturo 09:56, 26 January 2006 (EST)
Hey, I'd like to go head and separate the Magic and Techniques categories, as was mentioned on my talk page. I can do the conversion easily and completely, but want to get permission from up above before taking such a large action. --Lesoria 05:31, 29 January 2006 (EST)
- Sounds good, go right ahead. -davogones 13:52, 29 January 2006 (EST)
Hi Davogones. I've got a suggestion about writing the most important articles, such as Zelda, [[Link], Ganondorf... I think the easiest way to write them is to divide the work between some users, so someone writes about the Zelda from LoZ, another user writes about Zelda in AoL and so on... What do you think--Arturo 13:14, 29 January 2006 (EST)
- Sounds like a good idea. I suppose if you want to write part of it, you could say so on the requested articles page and on the article's talk page. -davogones 13:52, 29 January 2006 (EST)
Hi! I have already posted my idea in the main page talk. I only would like to ask you for a favour. Maybe you haven't seen it yet but I've written an article about the Ancient Sages from OoT. Could you look at it and correct it as you did with Rauru when you have time, please???--Arturo 15:50, 29 January 2006 (EST)
- I'll look at it when I have some time. Maybe it would be good to have some sort of peer review system set up, and have a page where you can request an article be reviewed? -davogones 16:08, 29 January 2006 (EST)
- Oh, yes, that's a good idea. Maybe the page of Requested articles could be used for that purpose.
--Arturo 16:17, 29 January 2006 (EST)
Page Creation Restrictions
Hoi, I've been quite busy with work lately, and by looking at the "Recent Changes" list, it seems I'm not the only one busy these days. I decided to kick back and relax by adding some pages on Minish Cap characters, but I face a "This site has restricted the ability to create new pages." message when trying to add a page. Is it possible for my account to get page-creation permission, in case I find free time for adding more pages on Minish Cap characters, etc? Also, when Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass come out, you'll surely want a team of trust-worthy people with the ability to create many new pages, no? --Lesoria 21:31, 9 July 2006 (EDT)